Today is the day! I will be restarting my intermittent fasting today. I ended up gaining back a lot of the weight which I had previously lost. Any tips are appreciated please leave them in the comments. Throughout this blog, I will be describing my results every now and then.
Some of the things I learned before starting IF.
- Make sure you are not at an extreme calorie deficit. For example, if you do the One Meal a Day protocol then do not just eat 800 calories per day. This will eventually cause adverse effects once you stop doing OMAD.
- Try to incorporate a cheat day or two throughout the week, if you are doing a longer Fast (Warrior Diet/20:4 or longer). This will ensure that your body is still used to eating throughout the day. Which makes it easier for you to adapt to a day without fasting once you stop fasting.
- Drink Apple Cider Vinegar. I might make a separate respective post, regarding Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Break your fast, with something light. This will help your body adapt slowly which will help control your insulin spikes, instead of binging when you break a fast.
- I recommend a handful of nuts, almonds, walnuts or pistachios are my go too.
- MCT Oil
Please help me with whatever tips you have! All the help is greatly appreciated. Also please share this with people who are experienced with IF, as their advice would be very helpful.
Thank you for reading, help a nice day!